Dear Julius, I just pulled and installed Faust 2.33.0.

I'm running the test below on caqt and csvplot and I see the same problem:
when large inputs are fed in an.ms_envelope_rect, small inputs are
truncated to zero afterwards.

import("stdfaust.lib");
zi = an.ms_envelope_rect(Tg);
slidingSum(n) = fi.pole(.999999) <: _, _@int(max(0,n)) :> -;
slidingMean(n) = slidingSum(n)/rint(n);
zi_leaky(x) = slidingMean(Tg*ma.SR, x * x);
lp1p(cf, x) = fi.pole(b, x * (1 - b))
with {
b = exp(-2 * ma.PI * cf / ma.SR);
};
zi_lp(x) = lp1p(1 / Tg, x * x);
Tg = 0.4;
sig = no.noise * ba.if(ba.time > ma.SR * 2, .01, 1.0);
process = sig <: zi , zi_leaky , zi_lp , ba.time;

I'll look into TIIR filters or have you already implemented those in Faust?

Ciao,
Dr Dario Sanfilippo
http://dariosanfilippo.com