You've rumbled me. I'm a consumer automaton in need of salvation.

But that's what is funny, Tom. You give a load of spiel about the fact that the documentary is not edgy, catchy or full of pretty or interesting enough people which oddly reflects the culture (consumerist, commercial, surface) that you are in. You are not talking about documentaries in the Reithian sense, but rather docu-soaps. Doesn't that strike you as a little bit strange?

Next time
I'll show my friends the most obscure, poorly produced documentary I can find
and shout "join the common!" at them until they capitulate.

Well I would prefer that you were honest about your attempts to explain the commons rather than hiding the message in slickly produced docu-soaps.

If they complain
that the text is too small I'll point out that glasses were a tool of the
capitalist overlords designed to keep us working into the twilight.

Well, more correctly it is the logic of capital rather than a conscious directed process.

Until then I'll get back to marking up our free map of Reading

Cool.

whilst
listening to my oligopolistic music

Not so cool.

, and ignoring your shrill shouty emails

Not sure how an email can be shrill. ;-)

that go so far into absurdity as to deny the truth to be found in liberalism

Is that *really* so absurd?

because liberals tend to deny the truth of communality.

Well more accurately they believe that a common purpose can be forged through the private selfish actions of individuals. And who does that remind you of?

Best

David

Regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the

----

David M. Berry

EDB128
Media and Film Department