Hello Arkady,

OD>> 0xf6    0x0406  #CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER BYELORUSSIAN-UKRAINIAN I
OD>> 0xf7    0x0456  #CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER BYELORUSSIAN-UKRAINIAN I
AVB>      What the difference of this last letter from latinic `Ii'?

You mean these letters:
0x49    0x0049  #LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I
0x69    0x0069  #LATIN SMALL LETTER I
?

As you can see it is different letters with different unicode numbers.
Do you know something about sorting, database search?
Try to translate mail from koi8-u to cp866 and back, for example ;)

Why don't you use latinic 'A' instead of cyrillic 'A' in Russian?

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]