From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stefano Lenzi
Sent: martedì 17 aprile 2007 18.55
To: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [jade-develop] Felix/OSGi and JADE Second Part

Hi All,
        I had a chance to clarify my idea and to do more tests. Here is what I
got and I hope that you can help me to find a solution.

        GOAL: The Goal is to run JADE over OSGi so that agents can be installed
as bundle and executed when the bundle starts.

        APPROCH: I have created a JADE-Core bundle that contains all the
library used by JADE(e.g.: core, toosl and MTPs). Then I have created a
JADE-Example bundle that contains all the example that came with JADE
and it also contains a BundleActivator that during the start method
executes the setup of the JADE Platform and launches all the agent
required by the example.

        THE PROBLEM: During the start up of the JADE Platform I get the Class
Not Found error message that states:

"GRAVE: Cannot create agent Buyer-Alpha: Class
examples.bookTrading.BookBuyerAgent for agent ( agent-identifier :name
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:1099/JADE ) not found [nested
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
'examples.bookTrading.BookBuyerAgent' was not found because bundle 12
does not import 'examples.bookTrading' even though bundle 13 does export
it. Additionally, the class is also available from the system class
loader. There are two fixes: 1) Add an import for 'examples.bookTrading'
to bundle 12; imports are necessary for each class directly touched by
bundle code or indirectly touched, such as super classes if their
methods are used. 2) Add package 'examples.bookTrading' to the
'org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation' property; a library or VM bug can
cause classes to be loaded by the wrong class loader. The first approach
is preferable for preserving modularity. ***]"

        DEPLOY AND RUNTIME INFORMATION: As you already know I have 2 bundles:
JADE-Core and JADE-Examples. The former contains the Boot class that is
the class in charge of the startup of the JADE platform, the latter
contains some of the Agent that I want to run on the JADE Platform.
JADE-Examples imports all the packages exported by JADE-Core, thus the
Boot class. But during the JADE Platform startup (made by Boot and other
classes) the method Class.loadForName() is invoked and it returns the
the above error.

        TIP or IDEA?

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

P.S.: Sorry for the long post... If you want I can give you more details...
P.P.S.: It's my first Class Loading headache :S
P.P.P.S.: As you can see I have cross posted the message to Felix and JADE