That is correct, you do NOT want to give them the leukemia vaccine. It is a
pointless
injection, and increases their chance of developing a vaccine associated
injection
site sarcoma. Personally, I don't give FELV vaccines to ANY of my cats, period.
follow the new guidelines that say that every 3 years is often enough for most
booster vaccines, and only do rabies every 3 years. I do not do any other
booster
vaccines for my adult cats, I have one that has vaccine reactions, and so it's
not
worth the trade off for me. I would do the kitten series if I had any kittens,
though. FVRCP (3 in 1 for Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus,
Panleukopenia)
at 8 weeks, 12-14 weeks, and 1 year, plus rabies at 1 year, then at 4 years
old, 7
years old, etc.

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/CCAH/Prog-ID/ID-Facts_Vax-home.htm is a good
resource
for standard schedules, but I think it's a little over-kill to do so many
boosters in
kittens, I think 8 weeks, and one within the next two months after that is
enough,
plus when they are a year old.

Mind you, that's MY policy, it doesn't mean it's the right vaccination schedule
for
YOUR cats.

Can I ask you this...

When your vet gave your kittens their vaccines, where did he inject them? It's
VERY
important to only give vaccines on the leg, as low as possible. NEVER give any
vaccines in the scruff, or loose skin on the body.

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
"Saving one animal won't make a difference in the world, but it will make a
world of
difference for that one animal."
I collect KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil, a 3 yr old special needs cat who
must
live on a liquid diet for the rest of his life.
Bazil's caretaker collects labels and sends them to KMR, where they add up
until she
earns a free can of formula!
PLEASE save your KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil!

If you use KMR, even just one can, please ask me for the mailing address you
can send
them to, to help feed Bazil!