Hi Kerry,
As some of the others have already pointed out, it sounds like Tiger's behavior is a variation on the head-butt, a sign of affection and a way to feel comforted.  The tongue sticking out of the mouth thing, I've seen this before too, not usually on a regular basis though, I've never worried about it.  It's kind of cute, like I'm just to lazy, or relaxed to tuck my tongue back into my mouth.  Sometimes I mess with them and touch their tongue and bing it gets pulled back in their mouths.  If these things aren't occurring with any other symptoms of illness, I'd guess they are nothing to worry about.  Did I send you the link to the flower essence page?  There are so many, non toxic, perfectly safe fe that are suppose to help with anxiety, stress, you name it.  Rescue Remedy is the most well known, but there's also one called Emergency Essence that helps with emotional upsets.
Nina

MacKenzie, Kerry N. wrote:
Message
You guys have such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Does anyone know if there's anything to worry about when a cat has a habit of

a) pressing its forehead against your chest (Tiger, my obsessive compulsive disorder/kitty Prozac cat)

OR (different cat)

b) poking its tongue out and leaving it in that position for several minutes. (Pookie, my CRF foster)

(re: a)Anitra Frasier's book states that a cat that presses its forehead against an object is in pain.)

Thanks for any feedback anyone may have.

Kerry

=00

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.