That's why I am afraid of trapping them. I don't know what the heck to do and i don't want to hurt them or me in the process! Hey, their survival instinct kept them alive this long and now we have done the one thing they have been trying to avoid all of their lives! Yup, I'd bite ans claw too! I call this guy Cujo. He just is. Huge, nasty and all torn up. Nasty cat. He almost killed my feral Jasper before we brought him inside. If I hadn't been there with a broom, he would have been dead. Jasper was so weak and sick he couldn't even stand. He was literally a skeleton, and this guy wanted his food.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: NJ feral group

This tattered tom is one very "savvy" boy.....
First time I trapped him, he just sat back, let me stroke his head thru trap. and I am thinking, "He's not bad at all..."
Well, in attempting to transfer from trap to carrier, he showed his stuff!
He must've knew I was wearing gloves, so he dove right into my stomach - bit thru SS and long-johns!  Ouch!
This time, he will remain in trap.
I can be savvy too, Big Boy!
Patti