In a message dated 12/16/05 4:47:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Can vet techs give shots
that aren't prescribed by the vet, even if I ask for
it?
Chandra~
I am happy to hear that Buddha is feeling well enough to eat.  Sorry to hear is cough came back...
As far as techs doing the shots, in the office I worked at, we could do the shots, but they had to be Rx'd by the vet.  Perhaps she can contact the vet (emergency #??) while she is out of office and get oral authorization from the vet.... Usually when vets are out of office, they leave an emergency number where they can be reached.
I also feel the steroid shots would be a great help for Buddha right now.

And Chandra, I am sure everyone on the list will agree, that when we go thru a crisis with our fur-kids, there is always the second guessing, the what if's.....
We are all afraid that we might make the "wrong" decision.
And, it never gets easier......
I strongly believe that our babies actually help guide us thru these times, with their body language, "looks" from their eyes.....
We fight for them, and with them.  Hopefully, always with their best interests in mind.
We all want to do everything and anything to help them feel better.
The most difficult part of all this is knowing when to let go......
The most unselfish act of love is letting our babies go peacefully, with dignity &  respect.
Every situation is different.  And, like I said, no matter how many times one goes thru it, it never does get any easier, at least not for me.
Just know in your heart that you are doing all you can for your Buddha ~ I also believe that the "connection" between furbaby & human at this time will help "guide" you on this journey.
I wish you and Buddha all the best. (And, your husband too - He sounds so supportive, you are very fortunate.)

And, as for support, the people on this list ARE the best.... You will not find a better group of people anywhere. It is always sad when someone finds this list due to a sad situation, Felv is just dreadful, but friendships are formed, support is given, there is always an "open ear", and although we don't always agree, we can "agree to disagree", with the deepest respect for one another.
We will always be here for you.....
Big Hugs to Buddha!!
Love,
Patti