Hey guys,

My husband and I have decided to go with the tile in
replacing our carpet in the living room, hallway and
one bedroom, plus we figure we might as well replace
the kitchen and master bath linoleum while we're at it
as it needs replacing too. We're going to move on this
in the next two weeks, since I'm having foot surgery
on the 25th of April and would like it completed by
then.  There is some beautiful tile out there.  What
stinks is that the labor costs twice as much as the
tile.  So if you have a 10x10 room, and the tile is 2$
per square foot (on average), it's going to cost you
$200 for just the tile.  But the labor is another
$3.25 (HD) or $3.50 (Lowe's) per square foot, so what
we could do for $200 will end up costing us $525-550.
That's a lot!  And when you're talking about 800
square feet, it gets expensive.  Plus, sealing the
tile is extra (we will for sure do that ourselves),
and tearing up the carpet is extra (we'll do that
too), and floor prep is extra (probably do that
too!!!).  LOL.  So we might possibly lay the tile
ourselves with help from a few friends who have
already done it.  My husband is scared to do it-he
doesn't want to mess our house up.  I am more the
do-it-yourself type, so I'm all for it.  Anyone out
there ever lay tile?  Any thoughts or advice?

:)
Wendy