Deanne,
Thank you for posting about your success with Chelsea.  I'm so pleased she's doing better!!

I'd like to know the specifics of your protocol/dosage too.  Is she getting the IR subq, or IV?  A friend from the list that no longer posts (I'm sure most of you remember Sally from San Jose) is having problems of unknown origin with a couple of neg cats and I've been telling her about IR.  Any info you could post would be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations on Chelsea feeling better!
Nina

Susan Loesch wrote:
How wonderful that Chelsea is doing better!!   What is the course of treatment your vet has used for the immunoregulin?  I have seen different ones.  How far apart and what dosage?

Am getting ready to start one of my girls on that - my vet said .2cc per day for 4 days, then .2cc per week for 4 weeks and then .2cc every four months.

ACALA PET ISSUES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I wanted to thank everyone for the advise given last month regarding 12
month-old felv+ Chelsea who was suffering from severe anemia. She began
responding to treatment fairly quickly and had noticeably improved within
the first 2 weeks. Chelsea has now received 6 injections of immunoregulin
and has regained her normal energy level and has pink gums again. I took
your advise to heart and put her on Droxy and folic acid in addition to the
Pet Tinic, Feline Immune Support and Interferon that she had been receiving.
She's scheduled for 3 more injections of Immunoregulin to complete the
recommended course of treatment. When she gets her last injection, I'll get
blood work done again to determine her current hematocrit level. You may
remember that it was extremely low - 9.6% when she last had blood drawn on
April 15th.
I don't know if Chelsea's turn around will be permanent, but she has had a
very good month and I'm hopeful that she'll have many more to come.
Thanks again, Deanne