Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:55 PM
Subject: groundhog

This is not about a cat, but with Gray gone I feel I want to tell people who will understand, and ask you to pray if there is a reason to pray when someone is gone. Today while I was driving on a highway the car in the front of me hit a groundhog. It happened a few feet in front of me. The groundhog's back end was hurt, but he or she dragged herself off the road and into the woods, down a ravine, and was trying to get around. I went into the woods after her, and she collapsed. I picked the groundhog up with a towel and put her in my car, and proceeded to make about 20 phone calls to vets and wildlife rehabilitators. No vets would help, all the rehabbers had answering machines saying they were full, and after about a half hour the groundhog died in my car.  I brought him/her back to woods near where he or she lived, and put her under a tree there. It was so awful. I feel so sad, and I feel bad that if the groundhog was going to die, it had to be in my car rather than in the woods where it felt safe.  So if  you pray for those who have died, please add this groundhog to your prayers. And for the living, my friend Stephanie's dog Gunnar, a 12 year old shephard who had a really really hard life before she adopted him 2 years ago, who is having very sudden and serious neurological problems that have been diagnosed as encephalitis, and he is not responding to medications thus far. And of course Lucy, who goes up and down like a yo yo, and is not feeling so good right now.
Thanks,
Michelle

Checked by AVG Free Edition.