I should have worded that last sentence, "we can't *always* change the world, we can always choose to change the way we view it". I do believe we can change the world. People like those on this list allow me to believe that.
Nina

Nina wrote:

Oh Michelle,
What a terrible thing to have happen! Don't second guess yourself about whether you did the right thing, (the vet's are the ones that should be ashamed of themselves). I know you sometimes consider me wacky, (heck, I sometimes consider myself wacky), but I don't believe in "accidents" and I think you were there to help that poor groundhog transition. Love and consideration are felt, even through pain and fear, you WERE a help to him, be sure of that. I also think you are dealing with the difficult lesson of accepting death as part of life, (as we all are). That groundhog gave you the gift of sharing his transition with you to force you to once again face that death is inevitable, and that no matter how we cross, it's the way we live our lives that matter. I think part of that experience, (so dreadful!), was to help you once again face the fact that we all die and to cherish the moments we spend with our loved ones without dwelling on the when/why of our passing. I know it's easier said than done, but you make yourself sick with worry with what is and isn't in your power to control. Please try to make a conscious effort to let go of the anxiety and strife that is created by that struggle. We can't change the world, we can only change the way we view it.
Blessings and love to you,
Nina