-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Evan & Dee
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:32 AM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: FeLV+ Adoption/ Foster Care

We are in desperate need of placement.  About 2 to 3 weeks ago a stray
cat showed up on our property.  For the 1st week or two we could not go
near him.  We fed him regularly as we could see he was in need of
veterinary care.  Finally, he let us near him & we scheduled a vet
appointment on Monday, 08/01/06.  To our grave disappointment he is
FeLV+.  The vet started to give us options, one of which was
euthanasia.  I stopped her mid-conversation & said That Was Not An
Option.  The vet said due to ethical dilemmas we needed to keep him
indoors (to prevent the spread of FeLV & reduce his infection risks).
However, staying with us is only a TEMPORARY solution.  We have 10
healthy indoor cats, 2 of which also go outside in a fence, of our own.
We do NOT want them exposed to this virus so the poor dear is
isolated/quarantined to his own bedroom, which does not have air
conditioning & gets fairly hot.  This is no way for a feline to live!
But this is the best solution we have for him right now on such short
notice.  Do you know of anyone who can help us?  We live in the Western
part of Pennsylvania.  We would be willing to transport to an adoptive
home (after proper adoption screening) or foster placement.  I can be
reached at the above email or by cell phone, (814) 229-5678.  Thank
you.

~Dee

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.