First off, its very hard for a healthy adult cat to ‘catch’ FELV.  There are two tests—one is an in-house test, Elissa.  Then there’s an IFA, blood sent out to lab.  Be sure the vet specifically says he did IFA.  Now having said all of this, believe me there are tens of thousands of cats who test pos for FELV and nobody ever knows it.  My own didn’t test + until she was 4—I had her since she was a kitten and she’s never been outside.  False + are not uncommon and further testing & retesting is in order…

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kelley Saveika
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 1:11 PM
To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: my baby crackers

I am sorry for your terrible experience, but it is absolutely not true that there are no false positives.  I had a false positive on a kitten just a few months ago.  The first thing I would do is to find a different vet.

There are people here who will be able to give you more and better information, but I can tell you there are absolutely false positives.

--
Vist the Austin Siamese Rescue store and save a kitty life!
http://www.cafepress.com/austinsiamese