I don't know what else she thinks it could be. No one has said that there is "definitely a mass". They keep saying things like, I think I felt a mass, that could be a mass on the xray, but not, Yep, that's a mass all right! I think she's prescribing the steroid shots because I asked her to. Her recommendation was to pts. No one's mentioned anything about asthma. I hate this. I have this terrible feeling that the clock is ticking and I'm not doing whatever it is I should be doing to miraculously save his life. I know we all feel like this when we're in this situation. Intellectually being aware that it's normal to feel this way, however, does not make the feeling go away!

You're right, I'm frustrated,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I do not think it is a good idea to stop the dex if it is making him feel better. If there is a mass, what else does she think it could be? Felv+ cats get lymphoma so much, I would think that if there is obviously cancer it should be fine to assume it is lymphoma. It does not seem, to me, that she thinks it could be pneumonia, or she would not be giving steroids. A heart condition would not respond to steroids either. Only asthma or lymphoma would respond to steroids like this. Does she think it could be asthma? That is really frustrating.