I can verify that Elspar is used for cancer treatments (Chemo).  My
negative cat has lymphoma of the intestines and his chemo protocol includes
Elspar on varying weeks.

I am pleasantly surprised at the success of chemo for cats--right now may
cat has done very well and gained some weight.  I know he will eventually
die--but the chemo has not been hard on him and he has continued to be
healthy for several months now.  We have at least stopped the weight loss
which would have hastened his death.  We have an ultrasound this week which
will tell if the cancer has spread or reduced.  I am praying that even if
it has not reduced, it has not grown.

Continued good luck to Spencer.

Tracy