Title: Message
One very serious effect of not eating *can* be hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease) which can, if untreated, kill them.

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MacKenzie, Kerry N.
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 3:58 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: o/t familiar with these symptoms?

Hi everyone
Please know that though I'm not able to be on the list all the time at present, and have to go away again soon, all your furbabies are always in my thoughts, and I especially send positive thoughts for those that aren't doing so well. As always, I send my condolences to everyone who has lost a beloved kitty.
My beloved foster cat, Kitty, who went to her new home a few weeks ago, while being treated at the same time for diarrhea, has had a recurrence of the same symptoms, and I'm worried about her. Here's what her new mom says:
"She is vomiting clear liquid, not eating as much and there was a small amt of blood in her stool this morning too.  I talked with Robin (from PAWS) and she said the thing that worried her the most was the lack of appetite.  I called my vet and she said the same thing, we're going to go in on Thurs AM and run the full gamet of tests- just to be on the safe side.  Although, Robin mentioned this was the same type of symptoms she had before with you.
True?   The Vet wasn't worried so much and thought the Thursday time was fine enough unless things seem to worsen.  like I said she's still hydrated, I've seen her drink and she's been playing."
Does anyone have any idea what these symptoms may mean? She did have all those symptoms while with me (I rushed her to the vet). Also, can someone confirm what I believe to be the case: that it's unsafe for a cat to go even one day without eating. Kitty was very hard to assist feed, and I'm afraid that her new mom may not realize how very important it is to get food inside her (it doesn't seem like the vet paid much attention to the lack of appetite and associated danger in letting it go on). I want to email her mom, but back it up with facts, and what the consequences of Kitty not eating can/will be.
Grateful for any information that i can pass on.
Kerry M.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from
your system.  In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we
provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.