Hi Kerry,
I can understand your concern about Kitty. Her symptoms are troubling to me too. How old is she again? If this had just started, then I might think it had to do with the stress of her new home and not so friendly attitude between cats. I would feel better if the vet this woman was seeing seemed more competent. Granted, everyone on this list has "red flag" hair triggers, but... It does sound like the new mom is concerned and keeping an eye on the situation, although the question about whether cats get fevers is an indicator about how little experience she's had with sick kitties. Would she be willing to take Kitty to a vet that you trust?

I know first hand how difficult it is to let go of the responsibility we feel toward foster fur kids. There is only so much you can do at this point though. I'm glad that the new mom seems open to your intervention. Have you paid Kitty a visit in the past few days? Perhaps she wouldn't mind if you went with her to your vet. If it were me, I'd go have a look at Kitty and see what my impressions are. Remember Vladimir's story?

Prayers that Miss Kitty feels better soon,
Nina

MacKenzie, Kerry N. wrote:

I'm concerned about my former foster cat Kitty--the new mom just emailed me the following.
Could she be feverish? All info appreciated, and will forward it to her.
(The vet's attitude worries me. Kitty's been vomiting drool for over a month. Clearly something is wrong.)
Thanks everyone, Kerry

/This morning she had again vomited twice. She doesn't seem to be ailing, although she is considerably more clingy than usual. Also, something my mom noticed... her ears are really quite warm. Could that be a sign of a fever or something? Can cats get fevers?? She is still hydrated as well. Definitely less aggressive towards Alex though- which in all of this worrying is actually nice. Her stool is soft but not diarrhea like. /

/The vet said nothing to really worry about (unless vomiting increases or she quits eating) but I'm bringing her in on thurs AM as I had an appt then anyway for Alex's annual. /

/I did give her a 1/4 tab of Pepcid though to soothe her tummy if it was just a little upset. / /Thats the story as of right now. Thanks for all of your suggestions and concern. She is proving to be a trooper definitely./