Nina, thank you so much.  Please do send prayers Jack's way.  He disappeared on
Jan. 1st and there hasn't been a day, hardly that someone from his family or
our rescue group hasn't been "on the streets" looking for him and talking to
people.  I really do like the business card idea -- we did, in addition to
flyers, half-size "handbills" -- half of an 81/2 x 11 page which we put on
doors and gave to people - but the business cards are easier for people to hold
on to.  The neighborhood is really interesting -- an old downtown 'hood area
where people are moving in and renovating old homes.  Lots of boarded up homes,
brushy areas mixed in with better cared for places.  Last night a couple of
kids brought a black cat to Dianne's (Jack's mom) door thinking it was Jack.
It wasn't but Dianne took it in because it had an injured tail and took to vet
this morning.   She's also taken all unaltered animals she's trapped to be
altered.  Our rescue group has discovered in this search
 that this is the neighborhood where we want to begin to concentrate on tnr- we
are calling our effort "The Jackie Project" in Jack's honor -- we have met many
wonderful people with essentially zero resources who are willing to feed strays
but can't afford spay neuter.   Jack's nicknames are Jackie and Ducky.  He is
black but with a brownish tint in the sun.  He has lots of sinus problems and
lots of the time has the tip of his tongue sticking out.  I have been amazed
that every single person we have talked to -- including knocking on the door at
all hours -- has been indredible -- not one single person has refused a request
to let us check basements or walk their property -- and we have felt safe even
though this is a neighborhood high in drug activity and police activity.  Other
than not finding Jack yet it has been a totally positive experience.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi Susan,
I haven't had any experience with Judi Byers.  I use an AC named Jasmine Indra
for most of my needs: http://www.kindredsouls.net/index.htm
I love Jasmine and she seems to connect with my animals pretty well, (lost pets
are not her specialty though).

There is a woman that I used when my sister's cat went missing and when Spencer
disappeared while he was so sick.  Her name is Carol Robinson and she does
specialize in lost animals.  Here's her website:
http://www.animal-conversations.com/index.html
Carol is such a lovely person.  She even kept in contact with me after Spencer
returned.  She wasn't inexpensive though.

I did used to be friendly with a woman who was reasonably priced, her name is
Patricia Schaller.  Her website is:
http://www.petreader.com/
I'm not sure she's even doing readings anymore.  The last time we spoke she was
having health issues that, I think made readings difficult for her.

Lost animals do seem to be really tough to do for most ACs.  Usually when I
call for something like that my only real expectation is to find out if the
animal is still in body.  Have questions ready that might help you figure out
the location yourself.  When my sister's cat went missing, we asked if when he
got out he was in a panic and ran hard and fast, or did he hunker down
somewhere close to the house?  Ask if the cat can hear his mom calling for him.
 Sally, one of our former list members asked to have the cat meow back if he
heard her calling and it saved his life, (he was stuck high up in a tree for
days and she had been circling near him never knowing he was there until he did
finally answer her calls).  Carol has a bunch of really good suggestions for
trying to locate lost animals and the experience I had with Patricia and my
bottle baby Ursula's disappearance  literally changed my life.  I check in once
and a while with the AC group Belinda is talking about and
 they may be able to help.

One of the things I did when Ursula went missing was to make up business size
cards with the cat's picture and info on it to hand out to anyone on the
street, or to tuck into neighboring doors.

I've been so fortunate to have only happy endings with lost animals.  I know
how nerve wracking it can be while you're frantically searching.  Tell your
friend how sorry we are to hear about her baby's disappearance and that we are
all sending positive thoughts on his/her recovery.  How long has he been
missing?  Could you post his name, description and a little more info about the
circumstances?  I don't know if it helps, but I'd like to send specific prayers
out for his return.  Please let us know how it goes.
Nina

Susan Loesch wrote:     Has anyone had any experience with Judi Byers in,. I
believe, North Carolina?   I know a couple of years ago when Gloria and I were
searching for one of our rescue group's cats, Sam, who'd gotten away from his
foster home, there were several recommendations from people on the list.    One
of our members has lost a cat - we've done all the obvious things -- massive
amt. of flyers up, ad in paper, even on radio; many man-hours of going door to
door and walking the streets and handing out handbills offering reward,
crawling under houses, etc. I would bet 50-60 man-hours if we added up
everyone's time.   The owner came across this psychic on the internet and
actually expected some closure, thinking she'd say Jack was dead.  Instead she
has sent email, maps that don't seem to fit the area -- enough things to make
us wonder if she is legit.

  Also, those of you who have had positive experiences, if you have
recommendations of specific people that'd be super.  Thanks.