Yes both tests should be done, a T4 is the standard test, the Free T4 is the one that is used if the other is normal but thyroid is suspected, that is how we caught Fred's so early, he was always normal on the T4, but he had tiny lump on his thyroid we were monitoring for about a year and my vet felt it had grown a tiny bit so we did the Free T4 and he was very early hyperthyroid and had the radio iodine treatment.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com