Cassandra,

I hate to sound mushy or superstitious or anything weird, but it seems to me
that Koda, Kisa, and Tomi are sending some new babies in need to you. They
know how big of a heart you have and how you made their lives so wonderful.
Yes, it would be a tremendous amount of work, but it would also keep your
mind off your grief if you have new responsibilities that take up all your
time. You could even dedicate your work with the new kittens to the memory
of your lost babies.

Of course, only take what you can handle-you can always say no. But since
you're already working out in your mind how you would handle the situation,
I think you somehow really want to do this-maybe you and your husband need
them as much as they need you.

As for barn cats, I am continually disgusted by the way people treat their
cats around here (Nebraska). If you remember my situation last week with the
baby kitty whose mama died in the trunk (while baby survived), I was
debating taking the kitten myself or finding a home for him. Well, the
husband was taking care of the baby, but I learned yesterday that the baby
didn't make it. From what I've gathered, their idea of "taking care" of the
kitty was much different from mine. They let him get soaked in the rain and
didn't even bring him inside. I have been so sad yesterday and today
thinking about what I could have done. I meant to post an update on the
little guy, but I didn't have the heart yesterday. I offered to take the
kitten-I told the lady (co-worker) that there were many people who offered
to help, but she assured me that her husband was tending to it. I should
have pushed the issue more. I should have stuck up for what is right. I'm so
upset that this little guy had to suffer through his mother's death only to
be neglected and die alone. Some days I can't bear the insensitivity and
barbarism here.

Sorry Cassandra I kind of took over with my own story here! The thought of
the barn kitties just made me think of this recent situation. I hope you
find some sort of solution, and I'm still keeping you two in my prayers as
you grieve your fur babies.

Melissa

  _____