No decks or fences?  Here they tried to use treated wood (the new version) in
the walls where it touched the concrete.

Any insecticides?  Termite/roach/ants stuff?  Any cleaning solutions?
Bleaches?

I'm not picking at you.  Please don't think that.  I know of other cases where
things we think nothing of cause problems for our friends and many times we
never find out what.  Consider that there appears to be an increase in cancers
among people that some are blaming on the numerous chemicals now in our food,
water, homes.

If you have a good alternative vet in your area, try him/her.  The ones I know
can sense the problems when regular vets, who are really attuned to science and
the scientific method, just can't.  Mine have convinced me that even the little
blue crystals in some litter is not good for cats.  They have the ability to
see as a cat.  It is much like baby-proofing a house.  You get 6 inches from
everything with your nose, eyes, mouth etc.

You mentioned carpet.  Consider what you use to clean it and whether it is
outgassing.  I don't have any here but picked up a piece to make Dixie a
scratching post (very good carpet remnant).  It has been on the porch rail for
3 months outgassing.  Dixie won't have anything to do with it and it will never
make it into the house again.  I am just trying to see how long it takes the
odor to go away.   Again, I am not picking at you.  This awful set of events
may be something entirely within the cars.  I had 2 unrelated female cats
several months apart die.  I trapped them and had them spayed at different
local vets.  One had every test done before she was spayed.  The other had just
the basics done.  Both appeared extremely healthy.  Both were fine the night
before they died but both died the third day.  I was so totally broken up that
I asked my personal vet (120 miles away) what was going on.  Without an autopsy
(animal version) no one could be sure but he couldn't come up with anything.
One could easily have had undetected heart problems but both of them???????????
 All of this is to say that sometimes things just happen no matter how careful
we are and, again, please don't think I am picking at you............just
throwing out ideas/feelings in the hope that something might ring true with
you.  You have been thru so much.  Maybe an angel will sit on your shoulder and
whisper an answer.  That is my prayer for you.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion
and pity, you will have men who