  From: Jane Lyons
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:34 PM
  Subject: Re: goodbye.

  I'm not sure what is going on here, but for a new person (me) it is very
  sad since I've come to rely on this list as a lifeline for my Felv positive
cat.

  I use two vets, one of them well known nationally, and neither of them have
the
  knowledge and experience that you guys (collectively) have of Feline Leukemia.
  This is a priceless resource, especially for people like myself, who come
here shell
  shocked and need to hear the reality from the "frontline", not theory nor
statistics.

  My little cat, who came from an over burdened colony situation, having been
thrown
  on their porch from a moving car, is so much better and it is largely the
result of the
  information that I got here. Also, I was so grateful to be able to express
the grief and
  fear I initially felt, knowing I was with people who really loved their cats,
and who would
  (hopefully) understand.

  It must be difficult repeating the same information over and over again, and
having to
  adjust to a lot of personalities and dysfunction, but if the bottom line is
helping cats,
  your time is not in vain.

  I came here four weeks ago with a kitten suffering from giardia, stomatitis,
very badly
  swollen glands, constant sneezing, runny nose, diarrhea and very poor
appetite.

  I am happy to report we now have formed stools, no swollen glands, an
occasional sneeze
  and wet nose and a ravenous appetite. The stomatitis seems to be healed on
the bottom
  of her mouth, although the top is still red, but not as inflamed as it had
been. For the first
  time in her little life she seems comfortable and very content.

  I hope things here can be worked out. We are very grateful to all of you.

  Jane (and a much improved MeMe)