As I said Marylyn, her condition is much improved, her upper gums are still red, but not as inflamed and utterly raw as they had been. Her lower gums now look completely normal. Her breath is now odorless.
When we first got her it was really awful.

She's been on FortiFlora which my vet was convinced would help. (I guess it is the digestive tract that
really impacts the mouth)
Maitake-DMG liquid (vet's recommendation)
Transfer Factor (this group's recommendation)
l-lycine (this group's recommendation)

spring water
raw diet (she will not eat anything except Fancy Feast grilled turkey) I've been mixing bits of raw into the wet food ...also I have been mixing Archetype into Fancy Feast dry and she has eaten it.

she was on Panacur for the giardia.
My vet ordered IR, but is holding off because she has made good progress without it. Her glands had been very swollen. One gland in particular seemed to be the size of a ping pong ball and when Caroline posted about Monkee's tumor, I thought for sure that was it. I made an appointment with my vet (who is on vacation) and just two days ago, it disappeared. All her glands are completely normal. The ping pong ball is gone. My husband has checked her over very
thoroughly and he cannot find it either.

So ...I do not know what did what...but she is so much better.
I have been reading the Archives here and I realize that a young cat (a year old) who is as symptomatic as MeMe has been does not have great odds. I am relieved that she seems so content and comfortable. I am hoping that since her life is so improved, she'll want to stick around.

Marylyn thanks for the: Brush Away from Petzlife as well as Just Born with colostrum. I will try both of them.

Jane