Pat,

It's possible Mandy's vision will return to normal when you figure out what's
causing the vision loss.  Don't give up hope for that.  I have not seen any
vision loss directly related to FeLV here in the past year and a half, nor have
I read anything about that.  I have seen FeLV linked to Uveitis.  It's very
important that it be diagnosed so that it can be treated, if this is the case.
Here is a good link to it:

http://www.animaleyecare.net/diseases/uveitis.htm

We think Uveitis is what caused Smookie to lose her eye before we adopted her.
Either that or conjuncitivis:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1344&articleid=250

I'm really concerned that the vet just chalked up the vision issue to FeLV.
FeLV is a virus that surpresses the immune system.  It allows other diseases
and conditions to develop.  Those must be treated.  Cat's don't die from FeLV.
They die from the diseases that develop from a weakened immune system caused by
FeLV.  That's why I said bloodwork might be good.  Whatever you do, pursue this
eye issue and get it cleared up or at least get it diagnosed.  It is not
directly caused by the FeLV.  So many of us here have trusted our vet's
opinion/diagnosis only to our cat's detriment.  Yes, we think vet's are great,
but doing your own research will go a long way in making sure your furbaby
stays healthy.  I have personally experienced my own vet being wrong at least
three times in the past few years.  At least one of those times would have cost
my kitty his life had I not persisted and kept asking questions.  There are
others here who can tell you those same
 stories.

It's great that you have such a good relationship with your vet.  It's hard to
find a good vet, or at least one that will listen to the opinions of their
customers.  We have found that so many vets are not up-to-date on FeLV, and
many still recommend pts at first diagnosis.  It's good your vet did not do
that.

Let me know what your vet says when you go see him again.  I am curious to see
what he says about the vision issue.
:)
Wendy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~