Melissa -- I'm glad domestic peace prevails and Penelope has taken to
the litter box!  Good luck on her continued assimilation!

Diane R.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Melissa Lind
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 8:54 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: OT: RE: new kitty, fingers crossed

Yes, hubby noticed the new addition (Penelope) yesterday and was upset,
frustrated, anxious, but after a day at work, he came home and was fine.
He's now interested in her, and he can chuckle at my plotting and
scheming. He does appreciate my compassion even though it might stress
him out at times. He was surprised to learn how long we'd had the kitten
(albeit at the vet's office) since I can't keep a secret. She's so
small, he really can't be angry for long-plus, how could he be angry
when I'd cooked all his favorite foods?! :-) It's amazing what food can
do!

Penelope is getting braver every day. She's following me around now, and
after cleaning up about 8 piles of runny poo, she's now figured out the
litter box. I think she knew what it was, but didn't want to intrude on
the other cats' territory. I moved a litter box to the poo area (luckily
it was on linoleum), sprinkled dirt on the top, and mixed in some other
cats' poo, and she went right away! Yea! I was near tears from all the
poos I had to clean-very afraid that she wouldn't learn-but all has
worked out smoothly.

Melissa