Thank-you for the replies. My cat Sunny had follow-up bloodwork on Tuesday and
has had modest improvement, which makes me very happy. He was diagnosed with
feline leukemia just a week before. Neutered, fully vaccinated and before this
completely healthy. I noticed his gums were pale and he lost a pound or two but
I didn't think it was anything serious.  I think I'm over the initial shock and
just focusing on keeping him happy. He's on prednisone and interferon now.
  I hate being faced with unpredictability. The reason I asked about the
transfusions was because the only other person I know who has a feline leukemia
cat has had two years of good health after a transfusion. I'm realizing though
that although the transfusion probably helped, that particular cat may have
made it anyways. My Sunny is a shy guy, and before I subject him to the stress,
I wanted to know if I'm really helping him.
  My vet said it's hard on their liver and suggested against it at this point.
I have 4 other cats, who of course have now all been exposed, so I'm learning
as much as I can and hoping for the best.

  Thank-you for your help.

  Sincerely,

  Angela

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail