current medical standards, according to the winn feline foundation and
others, is that the vaccines are 95% effective.

and as far as i've been shown, there are no documented cases of a TRULY
negative cat (ie, who's actually been tested more than once when exposure
time wasn't known) ever becoming positive from living with a true positive
(ie, one who has tested positive more than once, again allowing for exposure
time and time for the virus to work its way out of a cat's system.

70% of unvaccinated healthy adults can be exposed and not remain
positive--that in and of itself OUGHT to tell the vets something. it's now
in the merck manual, so it also SHOULD be much harder for them to ignore.

The Merck Veterinary Manual -Feline Leukemia Virus and Related Diseases:
Introduction<http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/57000.htm&word=feline%2cleukemia>

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....