I personally would keep the two positives along with my other cats (having them
vaccinated of course).  I brought in two positives with an older crf cat (who
eventually died from kidney failure), but he never tested positive from being
with the positives.  I've had up to 12 negatives mixed with 2 positives for
over 10 years now.  No negative has ever contracted the disease.  The positives
came to me positive.

  tonya

Sharyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I had been feeding a group of dumpster 8 kittens and ended up rescuing 2,
Sissy and Rocket, when they were about 12 weeks old.  On their 1st vet visit
both tested FeLV+.  I will have both retested the end of April to see if they
are still positive.  I have them quarantined in my garage.   They are eating
Iams canned kitten food supplemented with a Super B Complex, Lactoferrin and
DMG.   So far they are responding well and seem very healthy.  Both have had
their kitten shots and been wormed.

  If they stay positive I will either find a forever home for them or build an
enclosure onto the garage for them.  I have 2 indoor kitties and one has CRF so
am concerned about bringing them into the house.

  My questions concern the rest of the colony which includes at least 4 adults.
 I can not take all of them in.  My plan had been to TNR the colony
(trap/neuter/release). The vet is recommending euthanizing the entire colony if
these 2 stay positive.  I am not sure where I will be able to get then neutered
if they are positive.  And I can not trap them just to have them euthanized.
That may be the best thing to do but I just can't do it.  Is there any info on
how to deal with a FeLV+ feral colony?  Any advise on how to get them neutered?
 Am I obligated to tell the vet about the potential for FeLV when having them
neutered?

  Sharyl Sissy and Rocket
  ES of VA

Total Access, No Cost.