We have two kitties on antianxiety drugs.  We get them compounded through a
compounding pharmacy in Arizona.  We tried Feliway and it did NOTHING,
though I understand it works for some.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM, MacKenzie, Kerry N. <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Dear all
>
> Has anyone ever used a kitty "Prozac" such as fluoxetine? One of my
> co-workers whose cat has always been a sprayer--and she's had him for YEARS,
> kudos to her---was thrilled when 1/2 tab fluoxetine daily fixed the behavior
> almost immediately. Unfortunately he began foaming at the mouth at the same
> time, so she stopped using it after a few days.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in using an alternative "prozac" that
> worked for spraying without causing foaming or other adverse side-effects.
> She says she's going to the vet to ask about a different one after she
> returns from vacation, and I thought I'd try picking your brains before she
> went. I think it's wonderful that--unlike so many people--she's committed to
> her cat despite his spraying.
>
> I have a sprayer too, but he's feral, so there's nothing I can use (he's
> not into any sort of treat on a regular basis, and he turned his nose up at
> Pillpockets) apart from a dividing line between him and the cause of his
> behavior, my other cats. He has his own loyal buddy, a female, Momcat, so
> he's pretty content on the whole, I think.
>
> Anyway, thanks for any other "prozac" ideas!
>
> Kerry

> IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE.  Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP
> was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer
> to avoid U.S. federal tax penalties.  If such advice was written or used to
> support the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each
> offeree should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
> use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
> received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are
> not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
> e-mail.

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help with some of our kitties medical needs!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/kitties-medical-expenses

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take them first
as long as you leave me alone".