From: MacKenzie, Kerry N. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: looking for advice re kitty prozac
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 5:40 PM

Dear all
Has anyone ever used a kitty "Prozac" such as fluoxetine? One of my co-workers
whose cat has always been a sprayer--and she's had him for YEARS, kudos to
her---was thrilled when 1/2 tab fluoxetine daily fixed the behavior almost
immediately. Unfortunately he began foaming at the mouth at the same time, so
she stopped using it after a few days.
Does anyone have any experience in using an alternative "prozac" that worked
for spraying without causing foaming or other adverse side-effects. She says
she's going to the vet to ask about a different one after she returns from
vacation, and I thought I'd try picking your brains before she went. I think
it's wonderful that--unlike so many people--she's committed to her cat despite
his spraying.
I have a sprayer too, but he's feral, so there's nothing I can use (he's not
into any sort of treat on a regular basis, and he turned his nose up at
Pillpockets) apart from a dividing line between him and the cause of his
behavior, my other cats. He has his own loyal buddy, a female, Momcat, so he's
pretty content on the whole, I think.
Anyway, thanks for any other "prozac" ideas!
Kerry

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE.  Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP was
not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer to
avoid U.S. federal tax penalties.  If such advice was written or used to
support the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each
offeree should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.