Sally,
If Lukey needs to be fed for more than a day or tow the nasel tube is VERY uncomfortable, you'd really be better served getting an e tube, I've had 3 kitties with this and it was a life saver, none of them had any problems with it and all of them gained back the lost weight and then some. Bailey my FeLV+ was one of them. It really was a very bonding time time all of us because you get very close, Buddie my cancer kitty loved her feedings and would run to the couch in anticipation when she saw me go in the kitchen and get her syringes ready for feeding, she would lay with all fours under her and purr while I fed her and promptly lay on her side for a nap when we were done. We got very close.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com