When Bailey had his done it was done with I think a local and isoflouren (sp) gas, the procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not positive of that because it has been almost 4 years ago. I do know my vet had only done about 2 of them and actually had the manual on the procedure with her and even so it only took 15 or 20 minutes.

I guess if you are considering a transfusion you may want to wait until after that. Sending lots of prayers for Lukey, if he is OK with the nasel tube I would just stay with that and get food into him, also vitamin b, folic acid and Nutrived these all will help build new blood

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com