Typically a nasal tube is used at the hospital for cats too weak for an e-tube.
 Some have used a nasal tube at home.  You have to use a liquid food like
Clinicare with the nasal tube.  Have you joined the Yahoo Assist Feeding group?
There is info in their files on members who have used a nasal tube at home.

I would follow your vets advise as to whether Lukey is strong enough for the
procedure for an e-tube.  Check out the FAF files on e-tubes if you go that
route.

E-tube placement should be a simple procedure but there is always a risk with a
sick kitty.
Sharyl

--- On Sat, 9/26/09, Tower Laboratories Corporation