The skepticism is by people who have dealt with FIP and been brought to our
knees by it.  Any active rescue person has seen repeated cases of FIP.  We have
tried all manner of treatment, very often without success.  And when we have
had what could be called success it was always a situation where we could not
be sure that we were dealing with FIP.  We've earned our skepticism the hard
way and have learned not to get our hopes up with this disease.

I am thrilled that your kitten survived.  But I am not convinced that we now
have a viable treatment for FIP.  But I do hope for that to come eventually.