Lots of questions here. Some here may be better to answer I do not want you
to think you will not get answers. This is a fantastic group. DO not do
anything rash. Even though they are testing postive the kittens could throw
off the virus. Also there is no way to know how long they will live. So
enjoy your time with them. Give supportive care. Treat secondary infections
aggressively. You will want to retest. I think it is 90 days. The IFA is
more reliable than the snap test.

Thanks for rescuing these babies. Take a breath.

Sally

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM, M C <mliciou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm joining this list serv with a heavy heart. We rescued a young Mom cat
>  and her 4 babies. They appeared healthy for all intents and circumstances.
>
> Mom just tested positive for FeLV, 2 babies also did (one slight positive,
> the other one was definitely positive), and 2 tested negative on the Elisa.
>
> I need some help in deciding what to do...
>
> I'd love some feedback, as the Internet only yields so much useful
> information...
>
> 1. If the two kittens tested negative, are they likely negative?
>
> 2. Should the positive kitten be separated from the slightly positive one
> as well?
>
> 3. If Momma is about 6 mos old, how likely is it that she has FeLV,
> considering 2 of the babies also tested for it? Is there a chance she too
> could fight off the infection? At what point should Mom be retested with the
> PCR or IFA?
>
> 4. What supplements or foods should we feed these kitties, to help them
> fight off the virus?
>
> 5. How long does Mom have to live, if she is confirmed to have FeLV? What
> are the alternatives? We rescue a lot of kittens and cats, so she will end
> up living in a cage alone unless we can find her a new home, which I doubt
> is going to be very likely. We don't have the funds to send her to a
> sanctuary, and we also have several FIV positive cats we are sanctuarying.
> Space is also an issue, as that is one less cat or litter we can rescue
> since she will be in that cage for a long, long time...
>
> I'd appreciate your insights and thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Minnie

Sally(me), Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soul mate
angel), Lionel(angel),Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little
Black(MIA), Lily, Daisy, Pewter, Junior Junior, Hotdog (newest) Silver, and
 Spike