Minnie,

I am sorry for your recent discovery.  I am not sure how many responses you
got from the group as they usually have a great deal of insight and
suggestions.  I can give you mine.

First testing positive - you can get a false positive test but given that
three of the five tested positive, it is likely real.  You can also get
false negatives so it is possible that your negative testing kittens are
really positive.  If it were me, I would operate on the assumption that all
are positive.  You could try separating the two negatives, but it is likely
they will test positive in the near future - sometimes it takes awhile for
the immune response to be picked up by the test.

Here's the hardest part - the cats most often negatively affected by felv
are cats under the age of one.  Generally they do poorly and don't make it
past two years.  This is certainly not always the case, but often.  Having
said that, however, the flip side is that if you try treating now you may
reverse the viral status and completely eradicate the virus.  If you want to
try this, now is the time.  You will need a forward thinking vet that is
open to alternative choices because conventional vet med utterly fails are
treating this disease.

These are your options:
1. interferon - used in conventional medicine - I wouldn't start here
2. LTCI - aka Imulan - I would do this, especially in the young and early
infected - this is when the best results are seen.  The thought is that the
thymus (a gland that is developing in the young cats and is responsible for
the production of lymphocytes that will kill the virus) starts to involute
(shrink) because of the fel virus.  Imulan has been shown to stimulate
thymic activity and restore the normal immune response to fight the virus.
I would start this as early as Imulan can be given - I do not currently
recall when that is, but I believe within a few weeks of life.
3. Acemannan - a supplement known to help fight off the virus.  I would get
them on an oral dose of this daily.
4. Wei Qi Booster - a chinese supplement thought to help balance the immune
response in this disease - I used it with my felv cat for awhile and she did
well while on it, but I know little about how or whether it really works -
this would require the aid of an alternative vet.
5. High dose IV Vitamin C- a woman by the name of Sally in this group is an
absolutely excellent source of information pertaining to this and I would
highly seek out her advice.  If you want to eradicate the virus using this
method - now would be the time.  It is a daily IV drip for a matter of 1-2
weeks.  If given in high enough dose and proper duration there is potential
for eradication of the virus.
6. Colloidal silver - I don't know much about this, Sally also may have
insight into this.

So in the end you have options.  How much it will cost and what path you
choose is up to you.  I can tell you this about the disease though.  It is a
virus that attacks the immune system (including the bone marrow) . If
contracted early it nearly destroys their immune response and they can't
fight it.  As a result the virus gets into the cells of the bone marrow and
causes them to behave oddly.  This results in malignancy - like lymphomas,
and lack of  production of bone marrow elements including red blood cells
(this leads to anemia).  As a result these little ones usually die of anemia
(they get weaker and weaker, stop eating and die) or a malignancy like
lymphoma.  The virus buries itself into the DNA of the cat's cells and
cannot be pryed out.  If you stop the virus early enough you may be able to
keep this from happening.  If you are too late, generally all you can do is
support their failing immune system.  So what I am saying is act now or
forever hold your peace.

Little things that add up are - good diet (I would go with raw or a good
brand like evo or nature's variety instinct), low stress environment, stay
away from vaccines, supplement with vitamin C, lysine, probiotics and
acemannon orally.

Hope this helps, if you have any other thoughts or questions just ask.  Good
luck and God bless.

Jenny