They are just the full spectrum bulbs. I didn't get a light therapy box because those can be expensive, but the full spectrum light is supposed to be a bit more natural than an incandescent, though not at a level as to be truly "therapeutic."

Melissa in NJ

ps, I bought the bulbs at Whole Foods supermarket; Seventh Generation makes some and I think the ones I bought are Chromalux