I just found out from a dog board I belong to that these companies have been bought out. Wellness was bought out in 2003 and by 2004, all the original family who started the company had been fired (4 months ago). I stopped using Wellness about that time because I got 5 cases of canned food from their new plant that my cats would not eat. The ones that finally ate the food started having minor bacterial infections. I am not sure the infections are food related but I was concerned enough to drop Wellness and go to Eagle Pack. I had no idea the food had changed. Now, Eagle Pack has to be watched.

If I learn any more about this, I will post it. Let's just hope that whoever bought these fine companies will maintain their integrity.