Simon thinks he is naughty too, so it's not really insensitivity. He thinks it's funny that he's naughty.  Right now he has been grooming himself for 30 minutes, though, rather than being naughty.  Before he got sick, he used to do this all the time, focusing large amounts of it on his round orange belly.  It's why I started calling him my beautiful belly boy.

He had an oncology appointment today.  His bilirubin is down to .6, which is almost normal and 50 times lower than it was at its highest!  His anemia is a lot better but not as much better as I thought it would be-- his PCV was 20 (normal is 33), but 2 weeks ago it was 11 or 9, depending on the reading.  He was able to get Adriamycin for the first time today, and it is the strongest of the lymphoma chemo drugs.  The oncologist said he is in partial remission, with probably more than 50% of the disease gone.  This of course is temporary, and the question is just how temporary. But it is wonderful nonetheless. My dog had good news too-- her cancer, after hardly growing for over a year on an experimental drug and some herbs had grown a lot last month, but this month seems to have not grown much again.  So I felt better today than I have in a long time.  When I got to one of the places I work this afternoon someone looked at me and said, without knowing anything, "wow, you look great, better than you have in months." Usually I get nervous when I feel so much better that something bad is going to happen, but my body needs to relax a little.