I love your email Jenny--it's a keeper for my file! It will be an
inspiration for many occasions, including those times (like NOW) when I
feel I'm being clubbed on the head by vet bills.
I'm still chuckling at your first para.
I had a friend-and-former-colleague, who has a fear and dislike of cats
(yes, I know, incredible but true!) visit from London, England last
week.
She's not a really close friend, so until a couple of weeks ago, when I
was obliged to explain to her why it might be preferable all round if
she stayed elsewhere, she did not know I had one cat, never mind 7,
including 4 FeLV pos who are quarantined in the guest room.
She came to dinner the first night, met my neg cats, and caught a
glimpse of one of the pos kitties when I opened the guest room door---as
they're feral they'd mostly run and hid as soon as they knew a stranger
was in the house.
Anyway, now my closely-guarded secret is out---we have numerous mutual
contacts in London, from my 'previous life' who have no idea I had
turned into a crazy catwoman. I know my friend only too well---she's
going to have a lot of fun regaling them about what's 'happened' to
Kerry.
She was quite touched actually by the FeLV situation (which surprised
me, knowing how much she feared and dislike cats), so I think she will
be quite kind at the same time. So hopefully homeless FeLV cats will get
some good 'press' in London.
Your mother sounds a lovely lady. Just like you!
Thanks for sharing!
Kerry