Le 17 mai 2024 21:50:20 GMT+03:00, Michael Niedermayer <mich...@niedermayer.cc>
a écrit :
>Let me reword this for 2024:
>The people on the booth are predominantly male. Similarly ffmpeg-devel
>is predominantly male. More gender diversity would be good.

As you've noted, this is an obvious problem but not an FFmpeg-specific problem.
It is a industry -wide problem, and to a large extent even a problem for all of
STEM.

I don't think that paying people, specifically women, to staff FFmpeg booths
would do any good. At best that would be putting the cart before the horse.
Instead, we should get more females involved in the project, and that should
naturally increase the ratio of women representing FFmpeg at events.

With that noted, I don't think that this has or should have anything to do with
STF. Judging by the name, it is meant to improve tech for the German people and
the world at large. There are other funds to address the underrepresentation of
women in OSS, and by all means, engage with them if you want funding for that.