On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 03:49:58PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Before this is forgotten again, better start some dicsussion too early than
> too late

This comment is inspired by the other subthread, but not directly in reply to
it.
I'm replying to this post rather than get in the middle of all that...

What happens if someone is hired to do a job that requires access to the ML,
then gets involved in a situation where there's talk of a ban?

If they're banned, does that translate to suspension without pay?  With pay?

Banning such a person would jeopardise future funding - if they aren't banned,
will people be concerned about the apparent conflict of interest?

In a wider sense, hiring a single person to do a job we come to rely on (like
code review) gives the project a bus number of 1.  How would the STF react to
a proposal like "we plan to do XYZ in 2025, but if we don't get funding for
2026, we'll drop Z and spend the time on a transition plan instead"?