Le 2 juin 2024 21:01:43 GMT+03:00, Michael Niedermayer <mich...@niedermayer.cc>
a écrit :
>Hi
>

>On Sat, Jun 01, 2024 at 05:19:26PM +0200, Tomas Härdin wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> > * Fund professional real live presence on multimedia / FOSS /
>> > buisness related
>> >   events.
>>
>> Also reasonable. I could help man a booth at IBC or any other event in
>> Europe
>
>Iam strongly in favor of that! Though i have no idea about cost (for IBC)
>which probably requires someone to sponsor a booth if its not free.

It is nothing like free. And accomodation prices in the area are absolutely
horrendous at the time of IBC.

Also IME, the people there simply don't get open-source. They're there to find
suppliers or clients. If you want to sell FFmpeg-derived services, it might
make sense to attend.

As a foundation, it simply doesn't. So yeah, unless you get a sponsor to foot
the bill, don't hold a booth.