Progressive News & Views (since 1982)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Reggie wrote:

> IMHO- Air America lost a great opportunity by its own ineptitude.
> Jerry Springer may be a magnet for some sectors, but he's a poorly
> informed host who has no skill in countering challenging calls from the
> right. He's a rather pathetic apologist for the left.  He also spreads
> misinformation because of his lack of knowledge.
> Franken is a comedian who wants to be a politician and is using AAR to
> promote his popularity.  He's a total waste of time.   The best they
> have are Rachel Maddow, who was put into the 5 am slot until now...when
> she has the 7 to 9 am slot that is minimal in reaching large audiences,
> Randi who earns her salary as does Sam...who does a superb job and  Mike
> Malloy, who is the BEST.  He has been taken the NYC's WLIB and should be
> in Springer or Franken's spots.....
> Bottom line...it's always going to be about money.

Agreed. I think that is the consensus
of most of their audience - those who are serious about their anger - and
fed up, but as you say, the bottom line is always money. Too bad. There
was another network which started out with AAR and split off. I think it
was Democracy Radio or some such. I think they have avoided the taint
of the money and their talk show hosts have a following also (but a
smaller, more local (they haven't sold out) audience.
  I don't recall the exact details but remember reading about it.

Hank

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)