Progressive News & Views (since 1982)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Reggie wrote:

> Progressive News & Views (since 1982)
> I agreed with many Palestinians who have appeared on the air.  I am a
> Jew and a Zionist.  Am I also, by your definition, an anti Semite???  Be
> careful throwing that term around.  Being against the policies of Israel
> is NOT being an anti Semite...it's an easy emotional weapon to counter
> any arguments that show Israel to be in the wrong on ANY issue.

> Joni Ferris wrote:
>> Garofolo is an anti semite who agreed with a Palestinian on the air.
>> Malloy is against "Zionists".
>> I wish both of them would leave Air America!
>>
>> -- Joni

I would rather think that peo-ple like Garofolo are misinformed and I
would like to see a more balanced approach. The left is much too quick to
accept the knee jerk view. There are a lot of nuances in the Israel-Arab
problem. I would like to believe with Regie that there are Palestinians
who speak the truth (and I'm sure there are some), but I hope they have
other Palestinians to talk to. I also know that if they got rid of
religion on both sides there would be democracy and peace tomorrow for all
of them.

Hank

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)