Progressive News & Views (since 1982)
"Hank Roth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sez:

> AAR is paying for clearances. Specifically, $1 Million per year to be
> carried in LA; $1.28 Million for San Francisco. For their LMA on WLIB, New
> York, AAR pays $2.5 Million a year.

...what is your source for this? Under Cohen's mismanagement, AAR was
contracted for the clearances in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles; the
station manager of KTLK Los Angeles denied any such arrangement to the Los
Angeles Times when anti-AAR parties made claims to this effect when that
station picked up the programming last year. Plus, on the Los Angeles and
San Francisco stations, KTLK and KQKE, Jones Radio Networks placed both
Stephanie Miller and Ed Schultz in _live_ slots, locking out live clearances
for two of Air America's bigger names, Jerry Springer and Randi Rhodes. And
Jones doesn't pay _anybody_ for clearances; it's a strictly barter
operation. Looks like you're still passing along the fascist blogosphere's
bullshit without bothering to check it for accuracy...

> Randi gets $225 thousand salary.
> Janeane Garofolo gets $350 thousand and they ought to give it to Sam. I
> don't know what Sam or Malloy get? Does anyone here know?
>
> Air America's sugar daddy and CEO is Real Networks founder Rob Glazer.

...now I _know_ you're cutting-and-pasting fascist blogosphere bullshit.
These claims were made on Bill O'Reilly's TV show last week. And guess what?
CBS Radio buys the time for O'Reilly's clearances on WOR New York and KABC
Los Angeles. And guess what more? Al Franken whips the shit out of
O'Reilly's show in every market where they're aired in direct competition,
especially in the money demographics in New York and Los Angeles. And
O'Reilly gets much more than $2.5 Million out of either Faux News and CBS
Radio. Of course, O'Reilly conveniently forgot to mention those facts,
didn't he?...

...for someone talking loud about markets, your failiure to denounce Rush
Limbaugh's $25 Million annual salary seems odd alongside your complaints
about Franken's making 85% less than that. The fault is in the capitalist
economic system (about which the Left is incapable of doing anything other
than whining) and the impotence of AAR's sales department, not in Franken
and Garofalo getting out of the company whatever the company consents to
give them...

King Daevid MacKenzie, WLSU-FM 88.9 La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
heard occasionally at http://www.radio4all.net
http://myspace/kingdaevid
"You can live in your dreams, but only if you are worthy of them." HARLAN
ELLISON

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)