Progressive News & Views (since 1982)

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Reggie wrote:

> Psst.  My husband was in Sinai at the same time. Eye of the beholder.  Not
> nice to call anyone dumb.....
> Terrorists have reasons to be what they are.  Many see Sharon as a
> terrorist....and I see Bush as the world's leading terrorist.  Sometimes, the
> only weapon against tanks is a home made bomb.
> Never mind...

I don't recall calling anyone here a dummy - not by name anyway.
But if the label fits you are welcome to it. But what I said is I know
dumb Jews. I may have said I know a lot of dumb Jews. And that is a fact.
It comes from being in organizations with them and trying to educate them
and they still don't get it.

... Eye of the beholder, my ass. You must be very young. Bush is wrong and
he is likely following a plan which seems perfectly right to him and about
half of the people in this country. Ethics after all is something we
invent. It is a cultural adaptation and motivation for doing unto others
is so they won't do unto you and doing for ourselves that which is
necessary to insure survival and a certain level of contentment. It is a
philosophical argument, but religion is not even marginally sane; however
it is understandable given our level of dis-enlightenment - our disregard
for our biosphere and for the feelings of others not just in our species
but all of them.

Those who see Sharon as a terrorist are also wrong. He is/was a warrior
and probably next to Dayan the greatest Israel has ever had. For that he
was hated. As for bombs, don't say that too loud. Homeland Security might
be listening.

Hank

Try to stay on topic.......

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)