ILyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, you need a Mac, which doesn't suffer the problem, even if CMS in On.
Or
> you need for Nikon to use the same scsi timing as the Mac and then the PC
> wouldn't suffer the problem when CMS is turned ON.
[snip]
> The problem has Sweet FA to do with resonance, if it was resonance Nikon
> could fix it with ease.

I don't see what possible difference there could be between SCSI timing on a
Mac and SCSI timing on a PC.  SCSI is SCSI.  If the Mac coders sent
different commands to the scanner, or sent the same commands with different
timings, that is the answer.  It has NOTHING to do with platform.  Nikon
have made no public response to the issue that I'm aware of, so I've seen no
evidence that they've attempted to fix it - but on the other hand I've heard
at least one report that upgrading to the latest Nikonscan resolved the
issue.
Personally I don't really care whether it's resonance, timing, or anything
else - but I *do* know that the commands Vuescan sends to the scanner
resolve the problem.  If Ed can do it, Nikon ought to be able to.

Rob