Roman Kielich® <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >64K blocks that are causing the resonance that results in jaggies.  My
guess
> >in your case was that switching on colour mangement increased the
computer's
> >CPU overhead to the point that the actual scanning process was slowed
down.
> if it is CPU problem, then what is required CPU speed to work flawlessly?

I don't know.  I don't have the means to find out.  In fact, I suspect that
whether you have DMA enabled or not is probably a much more critical issue
as the hard drive can steal 80% of the CPU cycles otherwise.

> My Celeron 300A and 256 MB of RAM seems to be sufficient, not to mention
if
> overclocked.

Meaning you have never experienced jaggies?  The RAM would help for caching.
What hard drives do you have running in what DMA mode?

> Do we need a solid base for a scanner to prevent the resonance?

I don't think it makes any difference.  Whether the scanner is vertical or
horizontal doesn't seem to matter either.

Rob